[mythtv-users] DVB continuity errors; Myth bug?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Feb 11 08:39:59 EST 2004

I'm having some problems with continuity errors in Myth 0.14.
(I don't think it's new with 0.14, but that's the first I've really been
using much.)

I'm watching channel 2 OK, and then I tell Myth's live TV
to switch to channel 2, and I start getting MPEG2 TS continuity errors
every few seconds. No transport errors are reported.

The backend does not perform any retuning of the DVB card when changing
to the same channel, not stop/start the demux device, from my inspection
of the source code. But the continuity errors start..

I can get this on various channel changes. Some channels seem more
affected than others. I'm using an Avermedia card, but saw something
similar with my Nova-T-like card (DPANDA).

I get non-stop errors if I try to watch an HDTV station too
(channel 9 for the Melbournites). The MPEG corruption will usually crash
the front end within a few seconds too, but that's a separate problem.

Any leads on how to debug this? Seems like a buffer management issue
somewhere. It's the biggest roadblock I have to deploying my Myth box at
the moment.

Thanks,

Hamish