[mythtv-users] Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

Gino Filicetti gino at filicetti.net
Tue Feb 10 11:22:37 EST 2004

Hey guys,

I just wanted to see what the experts thought of using this super cheap (after rebates, $5) mobo:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=146907&sku=S452-1001

It's a Syntax - S635MP - SiS Socket 370 microATX Motherboard... doesn't have on board mpeg decoding, but I think it has on board video... although only a VGA output.

When I finally build a MythTV box, I want it to be standalone and hooked up solely to my TV,... is there anyway to use the VGA output to get a RCA/S-Video/Component signal to the TV?

Thanks for your help guys.. this rebate lasts until Feb 28.