[mythtv-users] Over mythTV stability/success

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 8 18:27:04 EST 2004

Quoting Nowhere <nowhere at cox.net>:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I realize that this group's focus is mostly on helping each other
> overcome difficulties. I was just wondering before I embark on my mythTV
> journey, what sort of success rate do users in general have installing
> mythTV without problems?
>
> I'm assuming that using virtually identical hard to that listed in
> Jarod's guide should result in a mythbox setup with little / no
> difficulties.

Pieces of advice:

PVR-350 TV-out - don't use it
Remote frontends - Pray.  QT's timer functions are bugridden as hell.  I
submitted a workaround yesterday if you need to use a remote frontend, in a day
or so I'm going to rewrite the timing parts of ReadStringList to not use that
bugridden POS QTime timer functionality (Will probably use QTime.secsTo() instead).