[mythtv-users] question on hardware compatbility

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Sun Feb 8 09:38:26 EST 2004

I came across this deal on slickdeals:
After rebate: $5 for integrated 1.3 ghz cpu and Mobo
Here are the specs:
# Form Factor: microATX
# Processor Interface: Socket 370
# Processors Supported: Integrated VIA C3 Samuel2 1.3Giga Pro @ 266MHz FSB
Learn More
# Channels: 2 Channels
# LAN Type: 10/100Mbps
# PCI Slots: 2
# CNR Slots: 1
and it is based on a SIS 635 chipset.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this would work well for mythtv. It is a
microATX, so would be great for filling in those smaller boxes, and the
price certainly is right.  I would be using a PVR-350 for capture, so am
not that concerned with the somewat weak CPU power..  It seems to have
everything on board, so the need for more than 2 PCI slots is not great.

I ask this here because I know some via chipsets are problematic.  While
this is a SIS chipset, the actual CPU is VIA and I have no experience with
that  Any one here have an opinion as to these?

If interested, the slickdeals info is here:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13610&postid=0#post0

Thanks,
Gabe