[mythtv-users] Help me size next cpu, Athlon 2800+ MP enough for high quality/filters?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 8 09:23:59 EST 2004

D Banerjee wrote:

>I really want to get a board with 64/66 pci or at least integrated gigabit,
>which means getting an Intel CSA board or waiting for the nforce3 250.

I'm some of the ASUS boards have integrated Gigabit.  Though they're not
dual CPU boards.

>Will one cpu comfortably record at 720x480 or 640x480 with both High quality
>and 4MV on at 2200kbits and denoise3D filter? Anyone running anything
>similar? Remember this cpu runs at 2.083 Ghz with 512k cache, BUT only
>266Mhz bus. Barton core.

If you're worried about CPU usage on the record, just use a PVR250 then
filter on output / transcode.  I've recorded a show, while watching a
recording with the kerneldeint filter running and a show being
transcodeded to MPEG4 at 3500bits/high quality/4MV and had PLENTY of cpu
left.   I only use a single AMD 2500+.