[mythtv-users] Lirc is kickin my butt

Jon Waite jon at jonwaite.com
Sat Feb 7 21:25:31 EST 2004

D'Oh!, should be 'mode2' or 'xmode2', dunno why I keep thinking those
programs are called dump.

And you shouldn't have a symbolic link from /dev/lirc to /dev/ttyS1,
/dev/lirc needs to be it's own character device with major 61 and minor 0
which should be created from your modules.conf line reading: alias
char-major-61  lirc_serial

Regards, Jon.