[mythtv-users] System plans

Glen Johnson gjohnson at vhcc.edu
Thu Feb 5 21:53:25 EST 2004

I'm just getting into this and learning as I go.
I'm just starting to build a new house and want to put a cool myth
system in.
I'd like to put a back end in the basement with a couple capture cards
to connect to digital cable boxes.  Possibly add an OTA HD120 card
later.  I've got a Athlon 1.4g with a 150gig drive and 512m ram.  Looks
like it should be up to the task.

Build 3 or 4 front end systems using the mini itx M10000 boards.  Mainly
use the system for TV, DVD, MP3, weather, FM radio and photos.  Not
interested in games.
My questions.  Are there any supported/suggested capture cards with
composite and svid inputs that don't have the tv tuner.  Don't need
tuners with digital cable and trying to save a buck or two.
Are the M10000 worth considering and is the cpu and video powerful
enough to play ATSC HD video.

What kind of support is there for FM radio.  I really don't see much
mention of it except an occasional mention regarding the PVR-350 cards.
Thanks for any and all advice.