[mythtv-users] mplayer ivtv patch - no video

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Wed Feb 4 14:57:13 EST 2004

Jason Donahue wrote:
> Subject says it all -
>
> I want to get mplayer working through the pvr350 tvout. Right now it
> plays very SLOW, even with my 2.2Ghz Celeron. I found this patch:
>
> http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Dec-2003/msg00279.html
>
> which is developed against mplayer 1.00pre3 and creates a new -vo option
> for ivtv.
>
> The patch applied clean, and compiled fine. But when I use the -vo ivtv
> option I get sound, but no video. Even if I specify ivtv:/dev/video16.
>
> Looks like video is either being directed to the wrong place, or Myth is
> sitting "on top" of the video. Anyone out there have mplayer working
> right (with the -zoom option) on the pvr-350?

Define right. :) Try the following:

#!/bin/bash

sudo mount /mnt/cdrom
ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp -delay -1.15 -fs -zoom -quiet
-framedrop -vo ivtv:/dev/video16 -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://
ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
         sudo umount /mnt/cdrom

You should know that while this works, if you pause/ff/rw the video the
audio and video will get out of sync.

kr

--
K.R. Foley