[mythtv-users] BBC THREE/FOUR

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Feb 4 03:43:39 EST 2004

Hi,

Simon wrote:
> Lo Chaps,
>
> Am having another play at setting up the Mythtv system for
> girlfriend approval and I'm having problems with some of
> the part-time channels like BBC THREE and BBC FOUR on my
> nova-t DVB system. I've the latest cvs version build and
> running as of this morning at 7am (Keen or what?).
>
> Basicly if I watchtv or change to bbc four I get the following
> mythbackend message:-
>
> 2004-02-04 08:09:32 DVB#1 WARNING - No data from card
> in 1 second.

[snip]

> Now is this because of the part time nature of BBC three and
> four and an intolorance in the mythtv dvb code or is it because
> I've a flawed config.

I've actually not been annoyed enough to do anything about the
fact that sometimes my card/mythbackend locks in this loop
(I do not have part time channels available here, but once
in a great while my cam refuses to start decrypting..).

Your correct as that is partly a ignorance in the dvb code, and
partly and ignorance in the mythtv recording code as a whole
that the wait loops are mostly hardlocked. It should be fairly
trivial to do a clean fix of the problem though, feel free..

Kenneth