[mythtv-users] Remote Control - Time between pressing buttons

Ryan Smith rcs2 at calvin.edu
Mon Feb 2 16:32:10 EST 2004

I'm not quite sure if this is just how mythtv and irxevent work
together, but I noticed that when I press buttons on my remote, it will
only read one 'press' per second or so, and if I press the buttons two
fast then it won't recognize any more pressing of the buttons unless I
stop for a second, and then push the button I want.  This causes great
pain when scrolling through menus (the basic ones and ones such as in
mythgames when I have 100's of games to scroll through).  I know that
if I open up irx then if I press buttons rapidly, it recognizes each
'press'.  So Ii know it really isn't the remotes fault or the reception
by the receiver.  I'm assuming its either a setting somewhere in
.lircrc or lircd.conf or its just the way irxevent works (like it can't
handle but one press a second).  Either way I'm not sure and I would
appreciate any help on this.

I'm using the Leadtek CoolCommand that came with the Leadtek Winfast
tv2000 xp deluxe capture card.

Thanks for you help,
Ryan

PS - I sent in a e-mail to the list before I was confirmed, but as far
as I can see it never got sent in.  So I'm sorry if this is a repost.