[mythtv-users] RE: Photos of myth boxes

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Sun Feb 1 14:01:59 EST 2004

Hi,

> For playing DVD's, I recommend using ogle, at least
> that's what I use on my Myth box.  It supports menus,
> and in general, I've never had problems with it (well,
> except on FreeBSD machines, but that's a different
> story).

I recommend Xine.  It plays everything.  I haven't found something yet
that it cannot handle, I use it in MythVideo for my Divx's and I use it
for my MythDVD module for dvds.  It has very good support for menus.

The only thing with Xine is that you need to use the mouse pointer to
select the menus.  If anyone knows how to change that I'd love to hear the
solution?

-- Andrew