[mythtv-users] RE: Photos of myth boxes

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 13:49:49 EST 2004

For playing DVD's, I recommend using ogle, at least
that's what I use on my Myth box.  It supports menus,
and in general, I've never had problems with it (well,
except on FreeBSD machines, but that's a different
story).

If you buiit your system using Jarod's excellent guide
(on Fedora Core 1), then all that is necessary is
"apt-get install ogle".  I don't think Axle put
together the RPM, but it's available in one of the apt
repositories.  Otherwise, ogle is pretty simple to
compile, but the dependencies are a bit of a pain.

Next step for me, in terms of DVD playback with ogle,
is to try out the native lirc interface for it (at
http://www.rosko.net/ogle/) so that I can use my
remote instead of a keyboard.

-- Joe

http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/img_0030.jpg