[mythtv-users] mythtv and ME-6000 (CLE-266) hardware decoder

Matt Picker mpicker21 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 08:27:27 EDT 2004

I don't think I can help much with the installation
onto a cf device but yes mythtv supports hardware
decoding via the CLE266 chipset.  I have used both
drivers for this.  The via binary and the ivor and
both have worked for me.  You can compile your kernel
to match your needs.  Just make sure you compile the
proper via stuff and be sure to make sure you have the
propper patches.  www.epiawiki.org is a great
resource.  If you use gentoo then there is even a
detailed guide to setting it up.  Good luck.
Matt