[mythtv-users] Xbox Myth

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Aug 26 09:15:15 EDT 2004

Ed Lea wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 07:06:13AM -0500, Bill Bradley wrote:
>

>>You need to edit your mysql.txt file and change the address to your backend.
>>Look in /etc/mythtv....or /usr/share/mythtv.
>>

>I thought this could be the case, but the /etc/mythtv.txt only has
>details of the mysql database (it has the ip address correct for that).
>Do I just need to add a line something like "BackendIP 192.168.0.2" ?

The mysql.txt only controls where you connect to the database.  The
Backend IP setting is stored in the database.  If you don't have the
setup executable available, connect to your mysql database from any
machine using either the command-line programs or phpmyadmin and either
edit or add a value to the settings table for:

value: BackendIP
data: 192.168.0.2
hostname: your xbox hostname

This will set that value for that frontend and it will read it when it
starts up.

Kevin