[mythtv-users] Xbox Myth

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 09:00:48 EDT 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 08:06, Bill Bradley wrote:
> On Thursday 26 August 2004 02:00, Ed Lea wrote:
> > Last night I got MythTv installed on my Xbox and it looks good,
> > although there is one problem.
> >
> > The frontend on the Xbox seems to think the "remote" backend is at
> > 127.0.0.1 - this isn't the case. Normally, I think, I'd use the
> > setup program to change this, but I don't think one ships with the
> > debs http://bit.blkbk.com/ . The connection to the MySQL database
> > seems to work fine.
> >
> > Can anyone either point me in the direction of the setup program,
> > or tell me what I need to do (change something in the settings
> > table in the backend database I guess) to tell the Xbox to use the
> > correct IP for the backend.
> >
> You need to edit your mysql.txt file and change the address to your
> backend. Look in /etc/mythtv....or /usr/share/mythtv.

No, that's not true.  He said his connection to the DB was fine, so
presumably he's already set up mysql.txt correctly.  Once a connection
to the DB is made, it retrieves the master backend IP from the
'settings' table.

Ed, if you can't find the setup program on your backend (if you
installed from packages it might be called 'mythtvsetup'), you can edit
the database directly.  If you're comfortable with MySQL, you can try
the following query in the 'mythconverg' database:

UPDATE settings SET data='<your real master backend IP address>' where
value = 'MasterServerIP';

-JAC