[mythtv-users] Stutter issues with HDTV

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 23:24:17 EDT 2004

john roberts wrote:

>BTW - about overclocking... I know not a great thing to do since it can cause long-term damage to the chip.  But - how does one do overclocking under linux?

It's not generally advisable under overclock Linux as it seems to push
the hardware to it limits more than Windows. I had a game server
overclocked 20%, up 24x7 for 6months, quite reliable. Ran all the
torture tests - Prime95, Folding, Seti, 3Dmark, etc forever w/o issue.
Converted it to linux and tried to compile a distro - and it threw
errors everywhere. Had to go back to stock, then smooth sailing. YMMV.

Tim