[mythtv-users] Stutter issues with HDTV

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Tue Aug 17 19:44:54 EDT 2004

Wow - lots of good info coming in from everyone.  This is great.

To answer a few questiosn:

1) Yes :)  I have an SMP kernel (2.6.7) on the HT 2.6G P4
2) I have re-niced the frontend - but haven't tried re-nicing the X server - I'll have to try that
3) It's a combo mythtv box (frontend+backend on same box)

I'll have to check into the ARCH option in the video combo libraries.  Good tip!

BTW - about overclocking... I know not a great thing to do since it can cause long-term damage to the chip.  But - how does one do overclocking under linux?

Thanks for everything everyone - great info,

-John