[mythtv-users] Re: 1.15.1 and custom frequencies

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 11 14:48:12 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:34:03AM +0000, Joe . wrote:
> $ mysql -u root -p
> $ mysql> use mythconverg;
> $ mysql> alter table channel modify freqid varchar(6);
> $ mysql> select freqid, chanid from channel;
> -- (here, i looked for which channel id had the frequency 27200, for me it
> was 1005) --
> $ mysql> update channel set freqid=272000 where chanid=1005;
> $ mysql> exit
>
> i may have the column names slightly wrong (i.e. freqid and chanid, i can't
> check right now) you can do a 'describe channel' after the 'use' command to
> get a list of column names. this is all i did anyway, and it was fixed.
>
> joe.
>
> ps. sorry if you are familiar with sql already and everything i just said
> was totally patronising :-)

No, no, it was *wonderful*.  I have a system with one -250 and *three*
defined cards, and no one seems to want to tell me how to yank them out
short of a re-init.  How do I get a list of all the tables in the
database?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi