[mythtv-users] could not connect to the master backend server

Jonathan Stoneman jonathan at stoneman.me.uk
Wed Aug 11 09:47:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm very new to mythtv but have just set up a backend server running
MythTV from CVS on Debian using a Hauppague Nova-T DVB card and a
frontend server running MythTV-Xbox 0.4.4 on Xebian.  The backup server
is running MySQL locally.  Everything seems to go OK during the setup
process the front end is giving the error...

"Could not connect to the master backend server - is it running? Is the
IP address set for it in the setup program correct?"

During the setup of the frontend server, I was asked for the IP of the
MySQL server, but I don't recall being asked for the IP of the backend
server.  I've not found anywhere to set it in the MythTV settings
section or in the settings table of the mythconverg database.  Google
has not been my friend this time either.

Can anyone tell me where I should be setting it or what steps I can take
to debug the problem?

Thanks,

Jon.