[mythtv-users] DISH 811 and Myth

Brian bch123 at vanguardits.com
Mon Aug 9 19:50:07 EDT 2004

Hello.  I am considering making a Myth box however I'm not sure if I will
be able to do what I want.  I have a 55" Mitsubishi HDTV however I don't
have a receiver or OTA antennae to get HD.  I plan to purchase the DISH811
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/dish_811.pdf so
I can finally take advantage of HDTV.  I could get Dish Networks HD
package however I doubt I will be able to pull in any OTA HD signals.  I
live in the country so Dish is my only option.

Here's the problem.  I currently have a standard def PVR going into my TV
and I would lose the PVR if I got the 811.  Is it possible to use the HD
part of the 811 with Myth to record HD?  Is anyone doing this?  Apparently
it outputs HD through either DVI or component.  The Hauppauge PVR250
doesn't have inputs for that.  Would I have to get a DVI/Component to
S-Video adapter?  Would that affect quality?  Is there anything I am
missing?  I wouldn't think I am asking to do something out of the
ordinary.

I thought about buying the Dish921 however if I'm going to spend $1000 on
a PVR, I would rather put the money towards Myth.

Thanks for your help.

--
Brian