[mythtv-users] GeForce 4 MX 440 - tvout motion

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 10:05:46 EDT 2004

Josh Burks wrote:

> If your into spending money to fix the problem (I was), then why don't
> you try a VGA to Component video adapter. I was using a MX440 w/
> svideo, and I wasn't happy with the results, either. I picked up an
> adapter and the picture looks just like I was watching it directly on
> a VGA monitor. The picture looked so much better, that I pulled the
> MX440 out of my box, an just used the onboard Intel graphics.
>
> A few MythTV users are using the Audio Authority adapter, I'm using
> one a little cheaper, but it works great.
>
> Audio Authority VGA to Component:
> http://www.smarthome.com/77706.HTML
>
> A cheaper version, the one I'm using. You can do Svideo out or
> component  out or composite out to the tv with this one (good if you
> don't have component video in on your tv):
> http://www.smarthome.com/7743C.HTML
>
> Josh Burks

The "Ultimate XP" one from SmartHome (and elsewhere cheaper) does not do
HDTV output as far as I can tell. My TV, an older Sony XBR WEGA SDTV
displays the component outputs very nicely, so it can't be doing
anything other 480i I believe. There are no menu settings for the output
resolution, and my VGA is doing 1024x768. But it does look decent,
better than the S-Video out of the ATI 8500, and it will adapt to
practically any VGA setting.

Tim