[mythtv-users] Avermedia M179 issues w/ CVS Myth on 2.4.x kernel

Johnny Lee johnny at fishcounts.com
Mon Aug 2 13:28:16 EDT 2004

Ok the problem wasn't the driver. The new driver helped me figure out that
whenever it was a scheduled recording it would try to grab it from the
composite input instead of "tuner 0" This was creating the issues I had.
What I had to do was with the mythtv setup I had to configure all the
other inputs to be nothing and only the tuner0 to be my cable connection.
This way mythtv knows there's only 1 input to use. Strange because my BTTV
card never had this problem. Mythtv bug maybe? I'm using the latest CVS.

Johnny Lee