[mythtv-users] Commercials not automatically skipping

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 15:58:12 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 14:18, Jeff C wrote:
> I've noticed since I moved to .14 that I have a problem with
> commercial skip.
>
> The commercials are being flagged and I can load the cut list no
> problem, but Myth isn't auto skipping them once I load the cut list.
> If I hit M again to show the cutlist when I commercial starts, and
> sure enough it was detected, then when I exit it properly jumps to
> the end of the cut list and I'm back in business, but I never used to
> have to do that.
>
> Is there an option I missed somewhere to have it always respect the
> cut list?

Check your settings... the 'auto-skip' commercial setting now has 3
possible values:  "Don't Skip", "Notify, but don't skip" and
"Auto-Skip".

The "Notify, but don't skip" is new & causes an OSD to pop up notifying
you that a commercial was detected, but leaves it up to you if you want
to actually skip it or not by pressing 'Z'.

-JAC