[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Tue Apr 27 20:54:52 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:54 pm, Simon Kenyon wrote:

> i was saying two things
>
> stop using your wife/girlfriend/partner to represent somebody who is
> technically illiterate. it is not necessary and in my opinion insulting.
>
> if myth's UI is broken or hard to use or generally not of sufficient
> quality/robustness or is just plainly user unfriendly then say so and we
> can work to fix it. don't invoke "she who must be obeyed" (as you put it)
> as a reason.
>
> the two sort of got confused in my email and for wich i apologise.
>
> regards
> --
> simon

Oh give it a rest.  The whole PC thing has gone completely over the top.
It's human nature to want to categorize things.  People spend entirely too
much time worrying and being offended about such things.
Nobody really cares if you are offended or not.

WIFE, WOMAN, GF, SWMBO, Ball and Chain, whatever.
What matters is how you treat them, not how you refer to them in a group
of your peers.  If you really didn't care for them, you most likely wouldn't
still be with them.

Mark (not offended by fat/bald, as it's true)