[mythtv-users] Re: freestyle S-Video goes into Slow motion

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:44:07 EDT 2004

Some more info on this problem (sorry I have no comment on the "significant
other thread " since my wife is not interested in MythTV at all since I
haven't gotten it working reliably.)

I scheduled 2 recordings from S-Video input today and both completed just
fine.  They were back to back recordings on different channels and watching
the recordings on my workstation (I nfs mounted the store directory) the
channel change at the beginning of the 2nd recording was blazingly fast.  The
2nd recording was a 2 hour show and it all recorded just fine, no slow motion
or a/v sync problems at all.  Tried watching the 2nd recording on
mythfrontend and the channel change at the beginning was once again painfully
slow, tried to FF and mythfrontend hung.

Now my initial thought was that maybe my freestyle was bad, I bought it on
ebay for $30, or maybe it was an ivtv issue BUT after my test today I no
longer think that.  Anyone have any ideas?  I don't offend easily so if you
want to email me directly with an answer to my problem you can be as
insulting and no-PC as you want, hell you can even make fun of my wife, kids
and call my dog ugly.

Thanks
Howard

--