[mythtv-users] PAL widescreen

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Thu Apr 22 07:08:50 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've got 0.14 and a PVR250.  My digital cable box feeds a widescreen
signal and I am currently capturing at the normal PAL resolution of
720x576.  As others have mentioned on the list, if you set the
resolution any higher, the ivtv driver barfs.

I was hoping that I might be able to capture at a true 16:9 resolution
but my understanding of widescreen signals is a little hazy.  Are these
transmitted with more horizontal resolution, or are they simply
stretched by the TV?  Do I even need to capture more resolution
horizontally?

Also, does anyone have a widescreen TVout modeline for an MX440 that
works?  I've got a couple but I've never got it to work since the nvidia
(4363) driver complains about 16:9 ratios as not being a valid TV mode
(eg. 1024x576).  I guess I will have to wait for my Key Digital
VGA->component out converter to arrive!

Thanks folks.
--
Julian Edwards