[mythtv-users] Streaming Internet Radio Options

DacidBadada at netscape.net DacidBadada at netscape.net
Wed Apr 21 22:29:04 EDT 2004

Hi -

I've been enjoying MythTV for about 4 months now, adding modules as I go.

Recently, I've been researching a method to listen to streaming radio stations through the internet.
I've found 3 potential solutions; I just wanted to see who is using what and what the "best" option may be:

1. A "hack" (no offense) using mplayer
Manual stream config in xml file
http://tinyurl.com/2rbzv

2. MythStream (unofficial MythTV plugin)
Support for streams in DB
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html

3. A patch to MythMusic that allows streaming internet radio
http://tinyurl.com/yrwch
http://tinyurl.com/328wc
(The posts refers to a patch that I was unable locate - although I didn't look that hard)

Any suggestions, comments, or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of those who have worked so hard to make MythTV what
it is today.  We appreciate all of your hard work!

Thanks
Dave

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.