Silencing cases was Re: [mythtv-users] Ahanix D.Vine cases

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Apr 21 20:20:26 EDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Maarten van den Berg wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 15:25, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>
> It depends... It even depends on what your question means. If you are asking
> about finding a case designed for 120mm fans, then good luck. I've only seen
> them in server equipment, think Dell, Maxdata, Compaq...

Depends how hard you look and how much you want to pay.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-124-088&depa=0

In case that URL doesn't work, it is an:

ENERMAX Aluminum Blue ATX Mid-Tower Case, Model "CS-5189AL-03" -RETAIL

I just built up an Athlon64 machine (No, not for Myth) in one of these
guys, and it comes with one 120mm fan installed on the side right over the
CPU and there is a space left for a second one right below it over the PCI
slots.  Thankfully it includes a fan controller already wired up.  Total
of ten fans in the beasty and at full RPM it is freaking loud.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!