[mythtv-users] MythWeb Suggestion..

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Apr 21 12:46:59 EDT 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>> When using MythWeb, if you click on Backend Status, the link sends
>> you to a full window page instead of a framed window within the
>> theme. Is it possible to have that page come up in the framed theme
>> page as opposed to a new page altogether? If I knew web development,
>> I would work on it my self.
>
> mythweb doesn't (and never will) use frames.  the backend status is
> pulled directly from mythbackend, proxied through mythweb's
> scripts, so
> fitting its output into the theme is a little problematic, since you
> can't really encapsulate a webpage (including <html></html>
> tags) inside
> of another without breaking some standards in the process.
>
> Now if the mythbackend developers could give me a "raw" version that I
> could parse data out of, I could make a nice themed page for it - that
> would actually be pretty cool.
>
> -Chris

Maybe it's posibel to add some html comment tags to the backend status page,
for example <!-- begin --> and <!-- end -->
And then when reading the file from the backend skip everything before the
begin comment and after the end comment.
The style tag probably needs to be rearanged a bit and the begin  comment
added somewere just after the body tab and the end comment just before the
end of the body tag.

That shoud result in something that coud be inserted into a page in mythweb.

It's just an idea, I don't know if it works or not.