[mythtv-users] mythweb/mythfilldatabase without mythtv?

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Tue Apr 20 10:24:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 22:45, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Actually, I got mythweb working.  It doesn't need to talk to the
> > backend, it only needs to talk to the database.  Was simply a case of
> > extracting the files into the web server folder.
>
> um, mythweb DOES require talking to the backend.  If not, you won't be
> able to get at a lot of the scheduler info, recorded programs, etc.  And
> it will error out if it can't talk to the backend.
>
> You could, of course, remove all of the backend code, but that would
> break most of the functionality of mythweb.

You are correct in that the backend actually has to be running in order
for mythweb to work, but my main concern was being able to run mythweb
on a computer that has no myth components installed, which is possible
so I am happy :).

Though it might be nice for it to give a limited functionality version
when the backend is not available.  I guess this isn't a concern for
most people though as they run a backend 24/7, which I will eventually
as well.  Not a big deal, like I said, I just didn't want to have apache
running on the backend.

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>