[mythtv-users] More LIRC Woes

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Mon Apr 19 22:46:55 EDT 2004

> However, mode2 is connecting to a device (by default /dev/lirc) which is
> either associated with a different driver or at least not associated
> with the serial driver.  Are you running multiple instances of lircd or
> using a different device?  If so, you'll need to specify the appropriate
> device for mode2 (i.e. "mode2 --device=/dev/lirc1" or "mode2
> --device=/dev/lirc/0" or whatever).

"mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0" runs, but doesn't product any output when I push
buttons on the remote.

> What does lsmod give you?  Are there any other LIRC kernel modules
> installed?

lirc_serial             7392   0
lirc_dev                9008   1  [lirc_serial]
loop                   11672   0  (autoclean)
ivtv                   79236   0
msp3400                16448   2
saa7115                 5888   0  (unused)
tuner                  10920   2

---