[mythtv-users] More LIRC Woes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 19 22:04:53 EDT 2004

Scott Nicholson wrote:

>>Sounds like lircd is using the wrong driver--which means you probably
>>have a LIRC installation that was compiled with "--driver=any".
>>

>I compiled lirc myself, using the "setup.sh" script that came with the
>source and selecting the "Home-brew (16x50 UART compatible serial port)"
>driver.
>
>All I get when I do "--driver=help" is "Supported drivers: default"

Well, that means that there is only one driver compiled into lircd.
"default" seems to be the one used by all the drivers requiring kernel
modules (including the lirc_serial module), so it seems that it was
compiled correctly (as you said).

However, mode2 is connecting to a device (by default /dev/lirc) which is
either associated with a different driver or at least not associated
with the serial driver.  Are you running multiple instances of lircd or
using a different device?  If so, you'll need to specify the appropriate
device for mode2 (i.e. "mode2 --device=/dev/lirc1" or "mode2
--device=/dev/lirc/0" or whatever).

What does lsmod give you?  Are there any other LIRC kernel modules
installed?

Mike