[mythtv-users] mythgame

S Rollins - Software and Security Issues softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net
Sat Apr 17 06:41:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Boyd II, Willy wrote:

> There are also perfectly legal, formerly copyrighted games that are
> simply old enough to be in the public domain.

Perhaps their copyright owners have released them into the public domain
(maybe because they were so old that they didn't feel they'd make any more
money from them), but they are not in the public domain simply because of
their age...I'm unaware of any gaming computers that were available 50-75+
years ago (the minimum lengths of time possible for the copyright to
expire).

Scott