[mythtv-users] How to stay current with patches/CVS

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Apr 17 05:15:23 EDT 2004

Nowhere wrote:

> I was just wondering what’s the best way to stay informed as to the
> latest STABLE patches/CVS

Follow the dev and commits list. Though the only officially "stable"
versions are the release versions. Though I've never had a major problem
with stability and CVS builds.

> and IVTV drivers?

The ivtv website.

> For example, when I first installed Myth, there were later versions of
> the IVTV drivers available but did not work with MythTV. I have not
> seen (perhaps I missed?) notification to update the drivers and I
> don’t know where to look to get notification.

Do your drivers work? If so, I'd not be too concerned about changing them.

> I did see Axel’s post on the kernel update. Is the users maillist the
> forum for this type of info?

If you're using apt-get you can keep your whole system up to date with
"apt-get dist-upgrade" last time I checked, that upgraded ivtv from the
official 1.9 release, they fact that it did that had me running around
in circles trying to figure out why my new machine was getting pre
buffering pauses when trying to watch live-tv.