[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - Help w/Homebrew IR Transceiver (LIRCPROBLEMS)

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Fri Apr 16 11:17:21 EDT 2004

> But I'm having problems with LIRC...

Okay. I figured out that at least part of my problem is that I never did
"modprobe lirc_serial".

Now that I've done that, irw and irrecord don't crash lirc any more, but I'm
not getting anything when I point a remote at the transceiver and press
buttons. I'm guessing that indicates a hardware issue?

Is there anywhere I can go that will tell me how to debug my circuit using a
multimeter? (i.e. you should get this voltage at this point, etc.)

---