[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 16:57:50 EDT 2004

> Anybody deal with X10 before?  I know they're widely known,
> but just how
> reputable are they?  I ask because when you check out they
> ask for your
> "Card Security Number" (the 3-digit code after your credit
> card number
> on the back of your card) and the issuing bank's phone number.  Am I
> the only one that finds this rather unusual?
>
> -JAC
I dont know about X10 but it is common practice these days for anyone
accepting internet credit card orders to want the security code. I do in my
business, it saves me 0.5% on the discount rate my card processor charges
when I provide that info.

X10 is a well known company so you should be able to find quite a bit of
info on them at the better business bureau and other similar info sources.