[mythtv-users] remote not working in mythtv [fixed]

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 16:20:28 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:11:39 -0700
Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have a MCE remote and receiver and while everything work great when
> using /usr/bin/irw (I see output for all the buttons that I press),
> when mythtv starts, only the big round OK button works, nothing else.

Apparently, it turns out that even though the remote look the same, they
send different events to lircd so the button definitions in .lircrc
matched only the buttons that were working. Once I remapped the buttons
with the correct events, they all started working. Now I working on fine
tuning it using the 'mode' option...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net