[mythtv-users] Smallest, cheapest case?

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 14 16:19:33 EDT 2004

Am Mi, den 14.04.2004 schrieb Dex West um 18:26:
> Two questions:
> 1.  Looks like the largest CPU they have is a 800 or
> 1ghz system.  Will that be enough for a frontend?

Should be, considered that the chipset supports mpeg2 decoding in
hardware (and linux and mythtv support it as well). I use it with a
PVR350 as back-/frontend without problems. Software decoding is also
possible, but you'll hit the limits with resolution.

> 2.  These systems are built on the Via chipset which I
> thought I'd read didn't work well?  Specifically the
> tv out chipset VIA VT1622A,

No problem with this specific via set.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough