[mythtv-users] MythTV geared towards quality (DVI, SPDIF, etc)

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Apr 14 12:23:17 EDT 2004

Shawn,

You should get a capture card that does the encoding so that the CPU
does not do the heavy lifting.  I'm using the HD-2000 (pcHDTV) so I
can't speak to other capture cards, but there are plenty of cards that
are available that do the encoding.  My CPU is an Athlon 2600+ and I am
able to 'capture' (if you will) HDTV (1920x720p, 1920x1080i, etc...)
with no problem at all.  In my case, the major bottlenecks would really
be the disk drive and bus speeds.

--
John <><