[mythtv-users] How is personal setup stored?

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Tue Apr 13 18:58:00 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 23:06, Jared Luxenberg wrote:
> I don't see any reason why the disks on a MythTV frontend or backend
> box couldn't be allowed to spin down (using some kind of power saving
> feature of the drive).  I think you can set them to spin down after a
> certain amount of idle time with hdparm.
>
> - Jared

I was thinking about doing that but I've not got round to it yet.
However, I'm not hopeful that it will work.  My frontend runs on the
backend box and whenever the frontend is running I see a regular blip of
the HD light - around 2 a second - even when not recording or viewing
TV, it's totally idle.

Anyone know why is it doing this?
--
Julian Edwards