[mythtv-users] More on the Audio problem..

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 13 13:45:20 EDT 2004

Travis Roy wrote:

> That's the audio I'm getting out of the TV card, and I can't lower it
> since it's the audio out of the STB card (bttv driver) so changing
> mixer settings does nothing to help.
>
> And despite what people think there is NO way currently to change the
> TV card audio setting :( Hopefully this will make it into the next
> release.

Do you get the audio from the line-out of the TV-card or through btaudio ?

With btaudio you have a seperate mixer device and you need to set this
very low!

I tried this some months ago (before the PVR250 era) and the default
setting of the mixer device in btaudio is way to loud.

You might have to give aumix (or whatever mixer control program you use)
a parameter so it knows which mixer device you want to adjust.

Gert