[mythtv-users] Re: DVB support using ATrpms mythtv packages

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Apr 12 10:19:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 02:24:50PM +0100, Jonathan Edwards wrote:
> I've been following Jarod's Fedora mythtv guide, which installs mythtv-suite
> using apt-get and rpm's.
> The guide is very good indeed but unfortunately the RPM's dont seem to
> support DVB cards. Very annoying, ....for me anyway.

I've been trying to add support for DVB, but w/o a DVB card it is
difficult. There are first signs of my blind efforts via some DVB
drivers I placed into the bleeding section. I'd be very glad, if you
could test them (what card are you using?).

> I ended up, after much faffing about due to other problems as well,
> reinstalling my system and building mythtv manually, which involved
> downloading lots of prerequisites, some in RPM form and some source and
> compiling it all.
>
> I'm now up and running again and mythTv is going well.
>
> But incase I want to rebuild my system again, I wanted to know if it's
> possible to use the apt-get method to get all of the dependencies and
> add-ons installed and then just download the mythtv source and "make
> install" it over the top of everything?
>
> Is this possible? has anyone done this?

Not really tested (by me), but "apt-get build-dep" should do what you
want. Check the man page to apt-get(8).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net