[mythtv-users] Record but not watch?

Steven Lagerweij steven at t41.nl
Mon Apr 12 06:54:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but the other way around. You can probably get
more information if you start the frontend from a terminal and watch the
output. I expect that you will see some errors.

For me it is caused by my resolution settings.
When I set my resolution to high (for example 720x576) the frontend
complains that it is "unable to allocate resources", when I try to watch
a recording. LiveTV on the same resolution works however just fine.
Also, the recording itself on the higher resolution works perfectly, it
is just the playback that fails. I only get a black screen with sound.
I haven't found a solution for this yet, so I just use lower
resolutions.

Dunno about the mouse, I don't think you should actually use a mouse
with Myth, just keys...

Hope it helps,

Steven