[mythtv-users] Myth w/Directv

Tom Elsesser telsesser at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 11 19:07:07 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 02:11:34 -0500, "Josh" <jishywa at wi.rr.com> wrote:

>Basically, run an audio/video cable to the pvr250 from the directv receiver.
>Then, go to www.pcmx.net/dtvcon and have a look at the wiring diagram for
>the serial port on the back of most receivers. I made one for my RCA
>DRD420RE with a 9 pin serial connector/hood for the computer end, and a
>handset cord radioshack had on clearance for 97 cents. If yours has the low
>speed data port that looks like a telephone jack, its NOT a standard one,
>it's a thin one so you might need one of those curly handset cords too.

This is the part I'm stuck on understanding. I have to run a serial
line back to the receiver to change channels on the receiver? Or am I
running the serial line from the frontend to the receiver, and the
frontend is where the irblaster is as well?

See, this is why I was looking for a howto or faq, because I am
talking myself into a confused state.

--
Tom