[mythtv-users] RE:PPV script, etc.

Eduardo mythtv at ease.mb.ca
Thu Apr 8 19:57:26 EDT 2004

I had this one too...

If you have two video inputs you run into trouble, I have my local cable
in one input and sattelite in the other.

It assumes the ppv channels are 1100-1200 (the leading one is the video
source). In reality for me, they were 2100-2200, it may be 3100, or 4100,
etc depending on the number of sources.

The script needs to be modified in two places:
One line in the delete section (line 176 in my copy):
  my $sqldel = $dbh->prepare( q{
    DELETE FROM program WHERE chanid > 1100 AND chanid < 1200
  });

changed to:
  my $sqldel = $dbh->prepare( q{
    DELETE FROM program WHERE chanid > 2100 AND chanid < 2200
  });
The second spot is on line 276
  $ProgPoint = substr($ProgPoint, 2);
  $ChannelNum = substr($ChannelNum, 3) + 1000;
  $ProgStart = $ProgDate * 86400 + $ProgStart;

Changed to:
  $ProgPoint = substr($ProgPoint, 2);
  $ChannelNum = substr($ChannelNum, 3) + 2000;
  $ProgStart = $ProgDate * 86400 + $ProgStart;
Again the 2000 could be 3000 or 4000 depending on the number of sources.

Happy watching
Ed.