[mythtv-users] RE:PPV script, etc.

Dennis Hand 4hands at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 14:43:36 EDT 2004

>I downloaded the ppv.pl script from Tarek's site, and it appears to work.
>However, when it finishes, I still have no PPV listings in the channel guide!
>Has anyone ever experienced this?

Are you getting any errors or messages of any kind when you run this? You shouldn't see anything if it runs right. I also think that the script might need to be set as executable, I think. By chance when you do the ppv.pl 2 and it says it has downloaded go into Mythweb and see if you have extra days imported. This script applies an extra 5 or 6 days to your normal 8 that xmltv imports. If it does then its working to some degree and wmunson might be right about the localhost, 127.0.0.1 setup. As for your channel changing, wmunson wrote a nice little channel change script that I use and it seems to change faster for me, if you use an older RCA or SONY receiver. Search for his posts from a few weeks ago.

Dennis