[mythtv-users] Re:Picture Tuning

Adrian Byng-Clarke adrianbc at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 8 07:45:29 EDT 2004

I think that my picture is now in range to look good if only I could get
denoise3d to not reinterlace, or rather not to highlight the poor
interlacing that I'm getting out of kerneldeint . I have tried kerneldeint
without parameters and I have also tried values from 1 - 12. Without
applying the denoise filter, the results looks fine and don't appear to be
interlaced. However, as soon as any value of denoise3d or quickdnr is
applied, I get back some interlacing. First of, does anybody know the range
of values that can be fed to kerneldeint? Also how can I get kerneldeint to
interlace in such a way that denoise3d won't add horizontal banding.

I have managed to reduce the amount of noise in my playback by moving and
shortening the coax cable going into my PVR 250. I was probably getting some
interference from a nearby UPS. I think I might also try to find a really
well shielded cable to get rid of some more noise.

Adrian