[mythtv-users] Homebrew help?

Scott Rowe mythgnomer at rowelab.com
Tue Apr 6 22:31:50 EDT 2004

So a week or so ago, I sent a buddy home with a mini-itx frontend, a working
homebrew lirc transmitter, and a promise to build out his backend.

Thanks to Mikhail, the frontend issues were resolved, and I added an irman
for remote control of the frontend.

Building out the backend with FC1 went well, until it came to the cable box.
His dct-2000 doesn't have the serial port enabled- that's why I sent the
transmitter with him. So I compiled the lirc driver and installed it without
issue. Irsend works and /usr/local/bin/change_channel.csh nnn works from the
command prompt. However, when entered into mythtvsetup, the command appears
to process, but the channel doesn't change. It's sending the correct digits
to the script.. (verified as the log below shows)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Scott Rowe

2004-04-06 20:18:30 adding: mythbox as a client (events: 0)
2004-04-06 20:18:30 adding: mythbox as a remote ringbuffer
2004-04-06 20:18:30 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
changing to 15
-In csh script
[1] 2524
-In perl script..