[mythtv-users] Re: Re:Re: Re:mplayer, ivtv, pvr-350, mpeg2/nuv files are out of sync

Gabe gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Mon Apr 5 18:39:49 EDT 2004

Thanks for the advice, and indeed reading the output on the console when
invoking from there indicates this problem as it says my system is too
slow to play this back.  Any idea how to make it use /dev/video16?  I
did RTFM and only saw on option relating to tv playback, so unsure if
this is the deal.

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated!

Probably because mythvideo isn't trying to play the video via
/dev/video16 (the hardware decoder), so it's using the CPU to decode it.
I bet if you gave *mplayer* some other flags (something that will tell it
to use video16) it would play just as perfectly as via mythtv