[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV & ATrpms, nvidia-graphics-devel, CVS rpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Apr 5 18:16:38 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:51:11PM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05 Axel wrote:
> [snip]

> executables in

> [snip]
>
> Axel - can you give some guidance as to what is in some of these packages.  I'd
> be willing to give them a try instead of building from CVS, but don't know what
> is needed versus not needed.  The plugins are obvious, but what are the
> differences between:
>
> * mythtv / mythtv-frontend / mythtv-backend

mythtv-frontend vs mythtv-backend should be obvious, mythtv is only
documentation, but also has dependencies to pull in the other two.

> * libmyth-devel / libmyth

The latter is the runtime, the former the build time component of the
library (you need both at build time).

> Do I need to grab all of them ?
> Where do these end up /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin ?

The former. You need all but -devel files to run an application, use
the -devel rpms to develop against this application
(e.g. libmyth-devel is needed by most plugins).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net